Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Joy of Caring for Children in the Circle Way

My new book, THE JOY OF CARING FOR CHILDREN IN THE CIRCLE WAY or “It Takes a Child to Raise a Village” is available free for the asking. Just email me and say you want it and I’ll send it directly back for you download and print.

I think it is the most important thing I have done in my life – my legacy to future generations – and I want it to spread as far and wide as possible. I didn’t write it to make money, but if you read it and it is valuable to you I would accept any free will donation and put it to use in further promoting the book. I would also be glad to hear from any readers who benefited from it and I might use any testimonials that people send. As I am glad for any positive reviews that readers make of any of my books for Amazon.com.

This new book is also now available for purchase in Italian and soon in German.

Here is the Preface to the book:
This book is rooted in the soil of the traditional ways of caring for children of our First Nations communities in North America, as I have in my travels observed them among parents in various of those communities that have managed to retain these ways more or less uncontaminated by the invading European attitudes that were so disrespectful of children.  That circle way of community caring for children has been little documented in print, and it was a primary interest for me as I travelled in my youth, listening to elders and family members of all ages across the US and Canada.

Out of that soil my wife Ellika and I have for many years cultivated in our family workshops and camps the growth of cooperative caring for children, of parents helping each other to give the best of themselves to their children and each other using the approach and techniques of Re-Evaluation Counseling in a blend we call The Circle Way. A further goal to enlarge the scope of that caring will be found in the final two chapters of the book, namely of Parents Liberation and the creation of new communities that return to our indigenous values of cooperation, sharing, caring for each person from child to elder, together caring for all beings, all life, and for our beloved Mother Earth.

EVERY GIRL AND EVERY BOY
COMES TO OUR WORLD BRINGING JOY
JOY TO FATHERS AND TO MOTHERS
ESPECIALLY WITH THE HELP OF OTHERS

-Manitonquat

No comments:

Post a Comment